Beard Bag with Kimberly & The Seasoned Homemaker


Hey, It's Kimberly! Since it's National Sewing and Quilting Month, I challenged myself to create my very first bag! Of course I needed major help, which Leslie of The Seasoned Homemaker supplied! She was kind enough to stop by the Fat Quarter Shop and share her bag-making wisdom she had accumulated over the years.

Lately, I've been obsessing over beards and I chose to create two bags. One from the Brilliant beards fabric for Robert Kaufman Fabrics for me and the Duck Dynasty Pink Camo fabric for my daughter! 



We chose the Elite Tote pattern by Kenzie Mac & Co. in the large size. It seemed to be a simple project, but boy, was I wrong. I am a quilter at heart and not a sewer so this was a HUGE challenge for me. The bag also required jute, which is a material that I've never worked with. Leslie gave me a lot of help with making this bag and I love the finished product!
Elite Tote Pattern that we used! 


Here are the finished bags! Thank you so much Leslie for your help, I couldn't have done it without you! 


Are you ready to challenge yourself? Share your projects with us on Facebook, Instagram, or Google + and use #fqschallenge. I love to see what you make. 



Labels: